Sunday, November 8, 2009

hip hip hooray!

It may be a tad early for us to be talking about snow, but come cool weather, rain, sleet,or freezing nights, we are officially READY! When we looked for a new home one thing that was on the top of the have-to-have (Lord willing) list: a wood burning fireplace. Well, talk about "grateful", this girl was and is more than grateful to have found such a lovely one that works so well and provides the same exact coziness as our old one, the same exact comfort, and the same exact thrill. Now, if that were not enough, today we put together our wood rack and stacked our new load of wood on it. Honestly, as I think I said in a past entry, I almost have to call 911 when I see wood stacked, ready and waiting.

Is it the "ant syndrome," you know, being ready for winter? Or is it more the romance of cutting, stacking and working together that makes the enjoyment of a wood fire so lovely? Is it the warmth, the unmatchable smell, or the welcome it evokes that makes it so wonderful? I don't really know why a fire brings such joy, but I am ever grateful for it and a soul mate to share it with who seems to love it as much as I.

"the darker the storm, the brighter the fire,"
Jane Austen

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Two blogs in three days, all I can say is WOW.

It is an amazing 70 degrees today, hard to stay in and do anything :-)

little blanket of snow

little blanket of snow