Sunday, February 7, 2010

When your hands are tied

"How reasonable to trust ourselves, our children, to infinite love, infinite wisdom and infinite power."
Have your hands ever been tied by total inability to change something that your heart screams to change? As I seek the Lord for comfort and assurance that HIS hands are never unable to move in behalf of those I love, I am prompted to remember....remember how He has never failed us. Like David, I cry "why are you cast down, oh my soul?" I know the answer. I am cast down today because my child walks around with a broken heart and I have a "fix-it" idol that has met its match. I cannot fix it. I cannot make her circumstances go away. I cannot even tell her they will go away.
We find ourselves in that place we have never wanted to find ourselves in. The place is called "helplessness." It is amazing how seldom I have visited this dreaded place. In my self-centered world where I can tweek most everything a bit to make it more comfortable for me, God, in His love and wisdom, has brought me to a place of complete and utter dependence upon Him.
I have no answers. I have no advice. I have no power. He reminded me today thru a dear friend to never look upon anything without looking at it through the filter of the cross. The cross is the final and ultimate proof of God's love. So, I remember His love. I remember His unfailing love and wait upon Him. He will do for me and my beloved family what we cannot do for ourselves.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

As open, exposed and broken as you are feeling, I pray and know the Lord will fill you with His love and peace while you all walk through the fire. Know you are not alone...He is here.

Precious pictures, sending my love and prayers dear friend. Love you all so much.

Brenda said...

Today I'm also feeling my hands tied, that my "fix-it" power is not enough, and asking why does God seem to take such a long time to fix things. But it does comes back to trusting Him. I feel like I've given it to Him a 1000 times and taken the care back a 1001 times. I'm reminded of a scripture.
Habakkuk 3:17
Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, 18 yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior.

God's grace to you and your sweet family to rejoice in the Lord TODAY!

little blanket of snow

little blanket of snow