Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Love never fails. 1 Corinthians 13:8

As I was making Valentine cards for those I am privileged to love, my heart filled to overflowing with the blessing of having ones to love. It really comes down to seeing the giving of love as thrilling as the getting of it. As I put aside thoughts that try to trouble me, 'what-if's' that want to distract me, let us look at what some others have said about this amazing grace, a thing called love.

"This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." -Jesus
"Without love, the poor and rich man live in the same house."-unknown
"Love is an act of endless forgiveness, a tender look which becomes a habit." Ustinov
"Love is the condition in which the happiness of the other person is essential to your own. -Moore
"Loving people live in a loving world. Hostile people live in a hostile world. Same world."-Dyer
"Love makes your soul crawl out of its hiding place."-unknown
Love doesn't make the world go around. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile."

"A bell is no bell 'til you ring it,
A song is no song 'til you sing it.
Love in your heart wasn't put there to stay,
Love isn't love 'til you give it away." -Oscar Hammerstein

"Love is not love which alters when if alteration finds." -Shakespeare
"There is no greater spectacle than a beautiful woman cooking dinner for someone
she loves."
"I never knew how to worship until I learned how to love." Henry Ward Beecham
"Love is the greatest touch up artist of all." -Braun (ever grateful for that!)
"I love you not only for what you are, but what I am when I am with you." -Browning
"To
illustrate the power of love is to set a candle in the sun."
"Hell is to no longer love."
"Love, like death, levels all ranks and lays the shepherd's crook beside the king's scepter."

My advice for the day? Fall in love with love, it never fails!
ever grateful for that!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

There is one of those signs on the church by our house and is reads "Love each other from the heart." I was just asking the kids to tell me what that meant??? They came up with the Jesus quote, but I am going to show them the others! God wanted me to make a list, and I was ignoring! I love that He put it on your heart to obey and bless me with these wonderful words!!! Elizabeth

Unknown said...

I missed making Valentines together this year...didn't we have fun? Miss you so much...but know I love you all. I always love your quotes! Sending Valentine kisses galore your way!

Unknown said...

Thank you for my darling "cupcake" Valentine!! I spotted you driving up and tucking it in my mailbox...you're the best...You made my day! Thank you my dear friend.

P.S. You have GOT to watch the 'Lark Rise to Candleford' series 1...Jodie has just finished borrowing it and is over the moon in love with it too....xoxo, Juls

little blanket of snow

little blanket of snow