Friday, March 19, 2010

new friends and family

I have been away from home a month. Actually, I didn't realize I could write on my little blog from anywhere but home, that shows you how technically savy I am. As I write I am tucked into my (actually Joseph's) little bed that has been a comfy haven for me at night. Because I have made several long-term visits here, I have made new and wonderful friends whom I treasure because of their servant's hearts and their tender care of Clare, Barry, Sam and Joseph.

I have seen wonderful meals brought to the back door, rides galore for the children to fun places and play dates, cards, letters, gifts, visits, prayers and every imaginable kindness.
God's people are unique in all the world. The New England branch of His family have astonished me with never-failing love and service. I thought the Southern bunch had a corner on the casserole bringin' and the lending of a hand when you needed it, but I've got to say, this bunch of folks puts us Southerners to shame.
There is really no good time to leave this precious family, but I am so grateful to God that He has placed this little family in the center of a circle of true and trustworthy brothers and sisters who will be here when I cannot be and do for them things that I could never do. I go home seeing Isaiah 41:10 lived out for my daughter, my son-in-law, and my darling grandsons.

"Fear not, for I am with you. I will strengthen you, I will hold you with my righteous right hand, I will help you."

There really isn't any way to thank these precious souls, we just will have to pass it on.
ever grateful for that, e.

2 comments:

Renee said...

So glad to hear your voice...our last little visit has taken my heart many, many miles down the 'joyful' path. It is also like manna to know that Barry, Clare and the boys are being taken care of in such a holy way.

The earth is giving up little secrets here and there...coaxed by the warm sunshine of late. It reminds me of your eager anticipation of those first fruits of spring. My Joseph reported a crocus coming up by the creek bed last week and our day lilies are determined to show early and get frozen...again! Our friends in Texas are reported a blizzard, which will be here in the next few days, so we are not yet finished with Old Man Winter. The pictures making their way back to Nashville from Spring Break have lots of long pants and sweatshirts...brrrr!

Franklin misses you...but I love the thought of you in Joseph's bed - a balm to your sweet daughter, son-in-law and grandbabies. You can't ever know how much courage and hope you give them daily. Your main job in life is to dispense grace, which is a very rare job. But I think God has taken you aside for a few moments with a temp job, one that He knows you can do very well, but one that might be a bit uncomfortable at times. Know that you are completely equipped for this job He has for you - completely. Courage takes a lot of different forms, from the rushing forth type of courage in William Wallace to the quiet hand-holding-through-the-night courage of Corrie Ten Boom.

It is one of the greatest honors of my life that God has allowed me to be your friend...something I have never deserved, but am certainly the better for.

Will you keep up these posts as a way for us down here to hear your heartbeat? We are straining for it, you know.

In His unending mercy,

Renee

Brenda said...

I'm EVER GRATEFUL for Clare, her family and for the opportunity to have met you, and now call you "friend".

Brenda

little blanket of snow

little blanket of snow