Sunday, August 17, 2008

early riser's reward

The greatest joys come from the most simple of pleasures....check out this sunrise(free for the pauper and millionaire alike). Our screened porch is a source of great joy to Phil (my beloved husband) and me. From well-worn chairs we jump to grab our bird book to identify a newcomer to our feeders. The latest thrill has been watching the sun catch the waving American flag Phil hung on the big maple down at our garden.
I thank God everyday that He made me the type who gets alarmingly high on the smallest of things...you know, like swarming butterflies hovering over our zinnias, a tomato sandwich for breakfast, a goldfinch munching a sunflower head, the tiny beginning of a pumpkin, watching the leaves way up at the top of the trees wiggle in the breeze when the rest of the tree is still, the thrill of hearing my grandchildren call me "Mimom", watching for a purple martin to swoop down for mosquitoes (hate mosquitoes) and the thrill of that first cup of coffee sitting down at the garden on my much loved picnic table. I could go on and on, and, never fear, I will. I am a very blessed woman, and I never want a day to go by that I don't say it out loud.

1 comment:

Ever Grateful said...

oh how i wish i was sitting on that porch, drinking my first cup with my favorite person!

Clare

little blanket of snow

little blanket of snow