Friday, September 5, 2008

He is going to hate this!

Every so often there comes a time when you just have to do what you have to do. I have to write about my number one passion even though he (the subject of this passion) will not like it for he NEVER wants attention drawn to himself. (He doesn't even want me to have a funeral service for him if that gives you a better picture.) The beautiful part is that I know he will forgive me for this little blog-for he has forgiven me for far more. I love that about him.

This #1 is Phil, my husband of 40, yes, 40 years. When I first met him, August 14, 1968, I knew, I just knew that he would be the reason I would no longer want to live for myself. And, as it turned out, he felt the same- I love that about him. I won't bore you with everything I love about the man, for I have to honor his feelings. So, in light of that, I will be more brief than I really want to.

We call him "a rock." He has never failed to be 100% there for me and our children when we have needed him, I love that about him. I can be cheesy, emotional, dorky, unattractive, pouty or dramatic and he still likes me. In his eyes, I never have "a bad hair day." I do love that about him. He loves the Lord, loves his children and grandchildren, loves to be at "the camp" more than anywhere on earth, always cheers for the underdog, always tells the truth, and his love is a tender power that makes me better than I am. You have to love that about him. These quotes are just for him--that big guy I'm ever grateful for.

"In thy face I see the map of honor, truth and loyalty." Shakespeare

"To put yourself in second place is the whole significance of life." Roberts

"Familiar acts are beautiful through love." Shelley

"Can't help lovin' that man 'o mine." Rogers & Hammerstein

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We are blessed, aren't we Elaine!

40 years is a wonderful testimony to the love you have for each other and the three wonderful children you have raised.
What a gift, blessing and great example that they are able to see in you both!!!

Sending lots of love to the lady with a bird in her hair...you! :)

little blanket of snow

little blanket of snow