Wednesday, September 3, 2008

"God's glory is on tour in the skies..."

My favorite version of Psalm 19 is in The Message. It says, "God's glory is on tour in the skies, God- craft on exhibit across the horizon. Madame Day holds classes every morning, Professor Night lectures each evening...." George Washington Carver said, "I love to think of Nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour if we will only tune in." He has designed the world we live in to proclaim Himself in all He has made. This proclamation serves to remind me and comfort me that He is everywhere, and has even me and mine smack in the middle of His radar screen. His majesty, His power, His beauty, His faithfulness and His love are paraded in the skies, the water and the earth, even in a lowly pack of Zinnia seeds, or the wren's nest hidden in our window box.

When I find myself in need of a little encouragement from God that He is
firmly and sovereignly holding this world together when it seems like it is falling apart, a great part of the encouragement I receive is from"considering the worlds His hands have made." I am ever grateful for that.

"Earth's crammed with Heaven, and every bush afire with God." Elizabeth Barrett Browning

"Nature is the living, visible garment of God." Van Goethe

"Beauty is God's handwriting." Charles Kingsley


1 comment:

Renee said...

Sweet Elaine,

I couldn't sleep tonight...worried about the future...

As I worked diligently on pictures for clients, I thought to check your blog as a brief respite.

Sitting here listening to Natalie Grant singing "Held" and reading your latest post reminds me of the incredible beauty of God Himself...that he would give you and Natalie the words that cry out in each of our hearts. Even in our joy there is a longing, somehow expressed by the words that God has given you to encourage the likes of me.

How I love the words you use...Elizabeth Barrett Browning would be writing on your blog if she were alive today!

Thank you, my dear friend...for being a sweet companion in the middle of a lonely night.

Renee

little blanket of snow

little blanket of snow